Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wait...it's Fall?!

This time last year I was starting classes at University of Florida while working 40 hours a week at a local Fitness Center. Now, I'm smack-dab in the middle of Wedding Season and actually starting to see a few leaves turn...which never happened in Florida. Our leaves are green all year long. All. Year. Round.

Honestly, the only reason that I ever knew it was "Fall" in Florida was because football season started and Starbucks started selling Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee. Being in an area where the temperatures start dropping and trees turn a different color is so exciting and new for me! I know that fall is literally JUST beginning, but these sort of new experiences make me appreciate living here even more so.

As I mentioned, Fall also means that Wedding Season is in full swing. As I'm sure you realized, Traverse City is the perfect location for a destination wedding. Who wouldn't want a Northern Michigan wedding? We have so many wineries and event spaces to offer, numerous hotels and resorts, and a plethora of fabulous local restaurant options for Rehearsal Dinners.

While I may not have my own wedding approaching anytime in my near future, there is just something about weddings that makes me so thankful that planning and executing them is a part of my job. I can tell you from experience that pulling off a perfect wedding and receiving a "thank you" hug from a stunning bride once the reception has concluded is definitely one of the best feelings in the world. It's one of the reasons I love what I do- making people happy is one of the most fulfilling things in life...and it's a part of my job.

So to sum up what I'm trying to say here is that while I may be extremely busy and seeing all of my younger friends going back to school and enjoying some Gator Football, it is absolutely a "good busy."
To me, the start of Fall in Traverse City represents only great things: new experiences, a fulfilling career, and a confirmation that change is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Real Fall :) Hope to bump into you at a wedding sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while I'm still in Florida, you're absolutely correct. It's Fall because I plan on having my first pumpkin spice latte of the season today, and because the Cowboys and Giants play tonight. Hahh.

    ReplyDelete