Wednesday, September 26, 2012

So...what are your plans on October 23rd?

Seriously. What are your plans on October 23rd?

Well, perhaps I should start out by asking you a few questions:

1. Are you are Young Professional between the ages of 21-40?
2. Do you enjoy networking with other Young Professionals in your community?
3. Would you like to learn from some of Traverse City's leaders?
4. Do you enjoy having your head shot taken....for free?
5. Would you like to spend a day doing all of these things at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa?

If you answered "Yes!" to at least two of those questions, then you should look into signing up to attend this year's Traverse City Young Professionals Conference at the Grant Traverse Resort and Spa. And yes...this event is on October 23rd (how observant of you!).

Why am I pushing this event on the blog, you ask? Well, there are quite a few reasons. I believe that it is actually an event that will be worth your time to attend. There are some spectacular speakers lined up and the topics they are speaking about are extremely relevant to Young Professionals and their current interests. There is also a phenomenal keynote speaker, Organized Audrey, who will be able to give you the tips and tricks you need to finally clear out your inbox, organize your files, and avoid sending irritating emails (Admit it...you've probably CC'd far too many people at some point. It's okay, we've all been there). I'm also promoting this event because I'm one of the coordinators for it.

...but that does not mean that I am shamelessly self-promoting. I bring up the fact that I'm assisting in the coordination since because of that, I know how excited all of the speakers are to be involved. I am the one who receives phone calls and emails from speakers and speed networkers and such telling me that they are honored to have been invited because they believe that Young Professionals is an outstanding organization and that Traverse City's YPs are just such impressive individuals. I also know all of the topics for the round table discussions, break out sessions and other speeches, so I know that they are actually topics that I cannot wait to hear about.

As a YP - especially one who is on the lower end of the age spectrum - I can tell you that the topics of discussions and speeches are exactly what I would like to learn about. The topics span from business etiquette to learning how to keep the workplace green and even a discussion on ways to exercise while at your desk.

So basically what I'm saying is- this is such a wonderful opportunity- one that is right in the Grand Traverse area! Do yourself a favor and sign up to attend right here. You will not want to miss this- invite your friends, spread the word, and hopefully I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment