Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Young Professional's Reflection on a Year in Traverse City

So, I've been living in Traverse City for an entire year now -- my official anniversary was January 6th.

Last year this time, I was just settling in. I was learning the in and outs of snow driving. I did not really have anyone other than my boss and a few people I'd met here and there that I could consider a good friend. I was not even thinking about dating. Shoot, I wasn't even really thinking that I would end up living in Traverse City past my three month internship.

Well, this past year has brought on a whole lot of change. While some people tend to stay away from change, I embrace it. I say "Bring it on!"

I now have a respectable amount of people who I could call up on a moment's notice and ask if they'd like to get together for dinner or a weekend outing...including my boss. I can even recite the specials for local Traverse City restaurants on cue -- half-off sushi at Firefly, anyone? I'm in a relationship (it's going well, thank you for asking). My internship turned into a full-time job at Events North, so now thoughts of remaining in Traverse City linger every single day.

I'm ready to see what 2013 has in store for me and for the rest of Traverse City's Young Professional Community.


....although I still have not perfected the art of driving in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment