On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "mehhhh" and 10 being "that sounds like a great opportunity!"... how interested are you in being one of our 2013 TCYP Guest Bloggers?
For those of you who are not aware or are new to the blog, we have a guest blogger on the first week of each month to spice things up a bit. We love allowing our YPs to share their unique experiences so that our readers can see how well rounded the TCYPs really are (see -- we aren't just making it up!).
We are currently on the hunt for a few more guest bloggers for our 2013 calendar year, so please read the following qualifications and if this sounds like something you were born to do (or that you'd just be a good fit for... I tend to be a bit dramatic), please email me at Meaghan@EventsNorth.com.
1. You must live in the Traverse City area
2. You must be a member of the Traverse City Young Professionals program
3. You must be between the ages of 18-40 (although you would have had to already cover this requirement in #2)
4. You have a unique story to tell that would interest readers -- whether it be how you came to live in Traverse City, why you stay here, anything in relation to your own personal experience with TCYP.
5. Please be able to keep your blog post interesting.If you wouldn't want to read something, chances are your readers won't either.
6. Type like you speak. Blogs are meant to tell a story and allow you to utilize your own voice. I have a whole lot to say and anyone who knows me is aware that there is a really great chance I'm going to ramble...hence why I type out my blog posts the way I do.
7. You have to care about Traverse City and all that it has to offer. If you're writing about the area and the YP program and you aren't actually a fan, you're not going to fool anyone. It's going to show. Passion is powerful
8. You cannot use the blog post to promote your business. This is not the place for that -- if you happen to have an exciting job, we'd love to hear about it...but a blog post that is blatantly an advertisement for your organization is not what we're looking for.
9. You have to sing me a song while standing on one leg.
....#9 was a joke. But on a serious note, please contact me if you're interested! We'd love to have you on board.