Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring at Stormcloud Brewery

A few weeks back, I found myself in the shoreside town of Frankfort for work. Frankfort is a little over an hour away from Traverse City, due west, and is one of the most beautiful places to spend a summer's day. It's a sleepy place in the winter, but I felt very welcomed by the businesses that were open on Main Street.





One of my favorite go-to places in Frankfort is Stormcloud Brewing Company. Stormcloud opened up in spring of 2013, and as they turn the corner of their second summer in business, I can safely say they are doing so many things right.





The micro-brewery has its own beers on tap, as well as other speciality drinks from the region. They host game nights and awesome live music gigs, bringing a lively family-friendly atmosphere to the smorgasbord of shops in downtown Frankfort. As an added incentive, they're open year-round so the folks braving the winter winds can be guaranteed a good drink and hearty meal.




I was lucky enough to snag a flatbread pizza while I was in town, and it was fantastic. I've had some other chow at Stormcloud over the past two years, and experience has taught me that whoever runs that kitchen knows what they're doing! Everything is fresh, original, and whole-heartedly deeelish.

With Spring just around the corner--no, seriously, I promise Spring is coming!--make sure to add Stormcloud on your list of to-do attractions in the greater Grand Traverse area. If you're wise, you'll make the trip before the throngs of beach-goers invade Frankfort this summer (not that I can blame them). Whenever you decide to visit, Stormcloud is a great choice for a few drinks or an afternoon snack. Stop in and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment