Tuesday, September 10, 2013

King of the Mountain Race!

Hello everyone!

After being back in the US for just over a year, I signed up for my first endurance race, King of the Mountain. Mt. Holiday together with the US Air Force and Race Director Matt Myers, Created a a 5k race that included 20 strategically placed military style obstacles all over Mt. Holiday Ski Resort. I wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into and the course did not disappoint. A well designed and planned course, it challenges you both mentally and physically with an extremely tough terrain and moments where mental focus is key.



Check out the race video! Be sure to watch at 6:16 where you'll see me and my buddy Adam going through the mud pit!

It was their third annual event and recruited 62 individual participants (Lone Warriors) and 24 four-person teams (Recon Team) for a total of 158. I ended up placing 29th with a time of 41:05. Not too bad considering the race included running up and down Mt. Holiday five times. Here's the course and some photos from the event. Definitely needed a shower after this race!
Not too fun running up and down this hill multiple times!
Here are 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers. Keegan Myers took 1st place with an insane time of 24:51
15 foot wall to get over
Ohh yea, don't mind that Drill Sergeant screaming at you while you're in the mud pit!
Over/under log obstacle
Me in the mud! Drill Sergeant's favorite quote "This ain't a pool, get outta the water!!!"

Here is me crawling through the mud pit at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment